注册 登录
大红河 返回首页

梓懿的个人空间 https://bbs.hh873.com/?114 [收藏] [复制] [分享] [RSS]

日志

Valder fields-Tamas Well

热度 5已有 4824 次阅读2009-12-9 04:53 |个人分类:经典乐声|

看到有人说这是一个爱情故事,呵呵,其实不然
Tamas Wells说他想表达的是,对于生活中的责任和悠闲的取舍
"Valder Fields" was written in northern Burma's wet season whilst Tamas was working on a community health HIV/AIDS education project. He says that the song is a stream of consciousness that hints at the tension between a life of responsibility (being on time, applying for jobs) and a Leunig-esque life of contemplation (falling asleep on the warm concrete next to a fountain). Tamas suggests that giving oneself up to either one leads to a distortion of reality through either too much responsibility or not enough.
歌词比较费解,我并不能完全翻译好,但是
we all agreed that the council would end up three hours over-time
they said that there would be delays on the temporary pay
这两段应该讲的是工作有关

很喜欢的音乐风格,清新自然却又带着慵懒简单的感觉
并没有前奏音乐,歌手Tamas Wells直接起唱,质朴的风味充满了民谣气息,听着听着却会让人不知不觉融入旋律
歌名叫做Valder Fields,很奇怪的名字,或许是哪里的地名
好奇之下,去查了一下这首歌的资料,整理翻译了一下,不知不觉已经两点了

Tamas Wells来自澳洲墨尔本,这位歌手有着一双澄蓝的眼睛,带着些许忧郁气质
尽管Tamas Wells十岁那年没能通过AMEB一级钢琴考试,却是从那时起真正喜爱上音乐
当被人提及他那“毫不做作的天使般的嗓音”时,他说那是一天喝八升水的结果

根据Tamas Wells的介绍,Valder Fields是Tamas Wells在缅甸北部的一个雨季里写成的,Valder是一个地名。那时他正在参加一个有关艾滋病防治的培训项目

他说,这首歌是一首意识流的歌,暗示在生活的责任(遵守时间,申请职位)与一种迈克.罗尼格(澳大利亚漫画家 Michael Leunig) 式的生活计划(在温泉边温暖的泥土上睡觉)之间的矛盾。

歌词比较费解,Tamas Wells解释他是以意识流的方式,建议大家不要在生活中扭曲了自我
太多的责任感,或者太少的责任感,都会导致如此,迷失了自己
究竟是要承担起责任比如每天为工作忙碌,还是享受一下悠闲的生活比如在泉水边打个盹,就看你怎么取舍了

Valder Fields出自Tamas Wells发行于2006年3月的专辑A Plea en Vendredi
布里斯班当地的Time Off Magazine对此专辑的评价只有一个词——Stunning
Stunning…4.5/5 stars Time Off Magazine Brisbane
这首听上去似乎平淡简单的歌,充满了春天气息的温馨,如同泉水般流淌
而Tamas Wells轻柔却又不失浑厚的嗓音,有着阳光的味道

听这首歌让我想起那些无忧无虑的校园时光,想起骑着单车张开双臂自由自在的感觉,想起那些背着旅行包四处游荡的日子

来吧,一起听听这带着流行味道的民谣,听听这纯净美好的声音。

文字并非是我原创,只是在网络上搜集的自己整理的。

A Plea en Vendredi

Artist: Tamas Wells
Album: A Plea en Vendredi
Release Date: March 21, 2006
Label: Popboomerang
Styles: Singer/Songwriter,Indie Pop

Track Listings
1. From Prying Plans into the Fire 
2. Valder Fields 
3. Vendredi (Waiting Where You Can't See) 
4. Lichen and Bees (The Fever of Small Tiwn Ventures) 
5. Yes, Virginia, There Is a Ruling Class 
6. Opportunity Fair 
7. Valour 
8. Telemarketer Resignation 
9. I'm Sorry That the Kitchen Is on Fire 
10. Melon Street Book Club 
11. Open the Blinds 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valder Fields

Tamas Wells

"Valder Fields" was written in northern Burma's wet season whilst Tamas was working on a community health HIV/AIDS education project. He says that the song is a stream of consciousness that hints at the tension between a life of responsibility (being on time, applying for jobs) and a Leunig-esque life of contemplation (falling asleep on the warm concrete next to a fountain). Tamas suggests that giving oneself up to either one leads to a distortion of reality through either too much responsibility or not enough.
Tamas Wells talks about recording in Burma (Mar 06)
 Tamas Wells

courtesy of Popboomerang Records

When did you decide that you wanted to be a musician and/or songwriter? How did you start going about it?
I had piano lessons when I was in primary school and though I hated the enforced practice/exam/reading music format I eventually started loving playing the piano.

Then when I moved to Melbourne to go to uni and started playing guitar I met lots of people who were writing their own songs rather than learning covers. I found that quite inspiring and started writing songs myself - which admittedly were appalling ?but it started me on a course toward wanting to create things.

What's the best advice you ever received about making music, and who was it from?
I read somewhere in an interview someone saying that every note in a song should be seen as being some expensive extravagance and you the writer don't have very much money! So only buy the notes that really count!.

I like the fact that this emphasises keeping the simple things in a song and not decking it out with millions of layers which eventually make the rest of the notes sound cheap and throwaway.

Who's an Australian musician you particularly admire? Can you tell us why?
I love the attitude that many of my friends in Melbourne have toward music. They spend months making beautiful records (eg Broken Flight - On Wings Under Waves) and then are wonderfully unconcerned about the commercial success of the absolute gems that they have made.
It is soooo easy as a musician to become too attached to your own perception of what success will mean and forget that art and creativity is an end in itself.

What would be your dream local line-up for a gig, and why:
That is a tough question. There are a number of local acts that I very much enjoy - the above mentioned Broken Flight, Jack Ladder with an orchestra, Holly Throsby, Adlerseri, Dirty Three, Benedict Moleta to name but a few of many who would be on my dream bill (which may actually have to be a festival!!).

Can you tell AMO a story behind your latest release?
A Plea en Vendredi is our latest album, most of it was written in the northern parts of Burma where I was living for six months after releasing our first album.

I remember one song that I was trying to record onto the four track recorder which I had taken with me but it was the monsoon season and the rain on the tin roof was so deafening that the song was basically lost.

I have a terrible memory for song melodies so unless they are on tape they usually disappear.

What do you want people to get out of this record when listening to it? How would you choose to describe it someone who was unfamiliar with your work?
The records that I like most are ones where they may seem understated to begin with but ultimately have the most depth on repeated listens.

I hope that our album is like that ... so if I was describing it to someone I would say that it is subtle and that I have lots of Melbourne based artists in my record collection along with international acts in an Iron and Wine, Simon and Garfunkel, Nick Drake kind of vein.

What was the biggest challenge you faced when writing & recording this release?
I had forgotten how many times you need to demo a song before you figure out the best way to present it production wise.

Many of the songs went through five or ten stages of demoing where speed, bridges, keys were all changed, meanwhile other ones just seem to work on the first go. But there is something about having to wrestle with a song that makes the final product more rewarding I guess.

What do you think is unique about the Aussie music scene as opposed to the rest of the world?
The distances between cities is something unique to Australia - there is no getting in a car and driving to the next large city an hour away (as in Europe of the US).

No here touring means getting in your car and staring at a freeway for ten or so hours playing a show and then driving home... maybe that just adds to the resilience of the Australian musician!

Lastly, what's the best thing about being part of the Australian music industry? The worst?
The best thing about Australian music is that ninety percent of the industry people you meet seem genuinely interested in the health of the scene and want to help you in any way they can.

This is perhaps because in global terms we have such a small music industry so people want to be supportive, which also leads to the downside of Australian music - that much of our small population seems bizarrely interested in glorified karaoke competitions and the like ?which leaves an extremely small number of people who have any interest in art. 

以下也是网上搜集的歌词及中文翻译

【Valder Fields】 
I was found on the ground by the fountain at Valder Fields 
And was almost dry 
lying in the sun after I had tried 
lying in the sun by the side 
we had agreed that the council would end at three hours over-time 
shoelaces were tied at the traffic lights 
I was running late 
(I) could apply for another one I guess 
If department stores are best 
they said (that) there would be delays 
only temporary pay 
for another one I guess 
if department stores are best 
they said (that) there would be delays 
only temporary pay 
she was found on the ground in a gown made at Valder Fields 
and was sound asleep 
(on the) stairs out the door 
to the man who cried 
when he said that he loved his life 
we had agreed that the council should take his keys to the bedroom door 
(in) case he slept outside and was found in two 
days in Valder Fields (with a) mountain view 

中文翻译: by肌肉黄 

Valder Fields(我觉得是个地名) 

我在Valder Fields的泉水池旁的地上躺着 
这里的空气好干燥 
尝试过后,我沐浴在阳光中 
静静的躺在阳光下 
我们都觉得那会议要推迟3个小时才能结束 
鞋带被系在了红绿灯上 
于是我跑输了,但我会努力的 
我想是为另一个人 
如果有百货商店就好了 
他们说会耽搁时间的,只好暂时付上钱 
我想是为另一个人 
如果有百货商店就好了 
他们说会耽搁时间的,只好暂时付上钱 
她穿着睡衣拥向Valder Fields 
感觉是那么的安祥 
有一人坐在门外的楼梯上哭着说,他很享受他的生活 
我们都觉得那会议组会拿走他卧室的钥匙 如果万一他要在门外徘徊 
两天后在Valder Fields,一片山色美景中看到了他

发表评论 评论 (5 个评论)

回复 梓懿 2009-12-9 04:56
好久没有和大家分享好歌了,希望喜欢!
回复 李好 2009-12-11 02:17
这首歌确实不错,我也很喜欢。就是一直不知道歌名,谢谢
回复 晓艺 2009-12-11 04:00
多多推荐啊
回复 小江 2009-12-15 04:21
很好听,支持下
回复 梓懿 2012-4-11 13:18
小江: 很好听,支持下
谢谢!

facelist doodle 涂鸦板

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 注册

QQ|大红河app|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|大红河网 ( 滇ICP备12002342号-1|滇公网安备53250302000144号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 00:00